BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING
Anne Basker Auditorium
604 NW 6th Street
Grants Pass, Oregon
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Purpose of the meeting is to discuss the FY 2014-15 Budget for Josephine County and allow public comment.
Budget Committee members: Marie Hill, Pat Fahey, Jim Brumbach, Keith Heck, Simon Hare, Cherryl Walker.
Budget Officer: Rosemary Padgett, CFO
1) Open Meeting – Cherryl Walker, BCC Chair
2) Elect Chair of Budget Committee
3) Elect Vice Chair/Secretary of Budget Committee
4) Budget Officer presents Budget Message and Proposed Budget for FY 2014-15
5) Elected Officials Compensation Committee Recommendation – Larry West
6) Department Presentations: Budget Officer
a. Summary of Funds
b. General Fund – Overview
Assessors- Connie Roach
Planning – Dennis Lewis
Transfer Overview – Rosemary Padgett
c. Public Works – Rob Brandes
d. Roads and Bridges Reserve Fund – Rob Brandes
7) Budget Committee establishes meeting calendar. Proposed dates: meet from 4 to 6 p.m. on Thursdays: May 15th, and May 22nd. Other dates set as needed.
8) May 15th proposed presentations: Public Safety (Sheriff, District Attorney, Juvenile Justice), Public Health and Forestry.
9) Public Comment (limit of three minutes each, public comment may be allowed at additional meetings)