The Josephine County Clerk and Recorder’s Office is looking for highly qualified applicants for the position of Recording Specialist. The ideal candidate will provide a very important service to Josephine County by performing specialized clerical duties to maintain and process records and forms in direct support of the Clerk. The Recording Specialist position is full-time and comes with an extensive benefits package which includes health insurance and up to 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year! Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answering varied questions regarding departmental policies, procedures and services.
- Handling clerical functions requiring specific knowledge of policies, procedures, terminology and governing laws related to recording.
- Analyzing documents presented for recording.
- Providing superior customer service in all matters of recording.
- Utilizing knowledge of recording laws, statutes & practices, document titles and types, and content requirements based on document types.
Requires high school graduation or equivalency; and two (2) years of experience in real estate, title company, law office, or loan/escrow processing work with preparation of documents to be recorded; or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the above described duties. Excellent public relations skills and ability to remain calm, professional and friendly in adverse situations is required.
For more info/application go to www.co.josephine.or.us or Josephine County Human Resources, 500 NW 6th Street Dept 11, Grants Pass, OR 97526. A County application (ALL pages) is required; we don’t accept resumes only. EOE
View the Job Description View Summary of Benefits