|Posting Number: ||17-46|
|Job Title: ||Shelter Services Coordinator|
| ||Open Until Filled. First Review of applications due to Human Resources by 4PM 7/28/2017. |
|Job Class: ||Exempt|
|Job Hours: ||Full Time|
|Salary: ||$4,139.00 - $5,620.00/Mo|
|Description: ||Josephine County’s Juvenile Department is proud to announce they are reopening the Juvenile Detention Center and Juvenile Shelter. This requires a rapid expansion in Josephine County’s hiring needs. The Juvenile Department is actively seeking applications for the position of Shelter Services Coordinator. The Shelter Services Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and implementation of all BRS related services provided through the shelter’s Assessment and Evaluation Program. This role includes applying assessment tools, developing service plans and writing evaluations. Implementation and oversight of cognitive behavioral groups and behavioral rehabilitative groups with the shelter youth population is also a key role. This is a social service position, that includes provision of individual, group, and family counseling as needed; individual and group skills training, and providing guidance and supervision to Group Life Counselors and Lead Staff. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: |
· Developing service plans and writing evaluations for youth that meet BRS requirements.
· Utilizing assessment tools appropriate for shelter youth and delinquent populations.
· Providing Group Life Counselors and Lead staff with education and training regarding group process, co-facilitation and best practices in residential treatment.
· Consulting with program supervisors, DHS caseworkers and probation officers regarding service plans and case progress.
· Writing and update appropriate policies and procedures related to the overall needs of the Shelter Assessment and Evaluation Program.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, or a closely related field, (Masters preferred) with a minimum of five years of work experience in a licensed BRS facility, AND at least three years of management or administrative BRS experience.
For more info/application go to www.co.josephine.or.us or Josephine County Human Resources, 500 NW 6th Street Dept 11, Grants Pass, OR 97526. A County application (ALL pages) is required; we don’t accept resumes only. EOE
View Job Description
View Summary of Benefits