A public meeting of the Budget Committee of Josephine County, State of Oregon on the budget for the fiscal year July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014, will be held at the Anne G. Basker Auditorium, 640 NW Sixth Street, Grants Pass, Oregon. The meeting will take place on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 4:00 p.m to 6:00 p.m. The purpose of the meeting is to receive the budget message and to receive comment from public on the budget.
A copy of the budget document may be inspected or obtained on or after Tuesday, May 7th at the Board of County Commissioner’s Office, County Courthouse 500 NW Sixth Street, Grants Pass, Oregon, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and will be available on the county website, under Finance department, budget information.
This is a public meeting where deliberation of the Budget Committee will take place. Any person may appear at the meeting and discuss the proposed programs with the Budget Committee. This notice is also on the county website at www.co.josephine.or.us.
BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING
Anne Basker Auditorium
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Purpose of the meeting is to discuss the FY 2013-14 Budget for Josephine County and allow public comment.
Budget Committee members: Marie Hill, Pat Fahey, Jim Brumbach, Keith Heck, Simon Hare, Cherryl Walker.
Budget Officer: Rosemary Padgett, CFO
1) Open Meeting – Simon Hare, BCC Chair
2) Elect Chair of Budget Committee
3) Elect Vice Chair/Secretary of Budget Committee
4) Budget Officer presents Budget Message and Proposed Budget for FY 2013-14
5) Elected Officials Compensation Committee Recommendation – James Cornish
6) Department Presentations: Budget Officer
a. Summary of Funds
b. General Fund – Overview
Assessors- Connie Roach
Forestry – Vic Harris
Planning – Dave Wechner
Transfer Overview – Rosemary Padgett
c. Public Health – Diane Hoover
7) Budget Committee establishes meeting calendar. Proposed dates: meet from 4 to 6 p.m. on Tuesdays: May 14th, 21st and 28th. Other dates set as needed.
8) May 14th Proposed Presentations: Public Safety (Sheriff, District Attorney, Juvenile Justice)
9) Public Comment (limit of three minutes each, public comment may be allowed at additional meetings)