Things to know regarding the Nov. 5, 2019, Special Election
1) Only those registered with a residence address in Grants Pass School District #7 will get to vote on Measure 17-94: Grants Pass School District #7 General Obligation Bond.
2) Only those registered with a residence address in the Proposed Grants Pass Fire Rescue District will get to vote on the formation of the District, Measure 17-93: Proposed Grants Pass Fire Rescue District.
3) The last day to register as a new voter is Oct. 15. Postmarks do count. You can register online at www.oregonvotes.gov or come to the County Clerk’s office located in the Courthouse, 500 NW 6th St., Room 170, Grants Pass. If you go to DMV, it takes 21 days for your voter registration to be complete, so if in doubt, please check with our office or check your voter registration online at www.oregonvotes.gov. You can update your registration anytime.
4) Not all races will be on all ballots. Each ballot is designed specifically for where you reside and the districts your residence address includes.
5) The order of the names on the ballot is determined by a random drawing done by the Secretary of State.
6) Ballots will be mailed Oct. 16. Remember that postmarks do not count on ballots, and that voted ballots must be received in the Elections Office or in any official drop site by 8 p.m. on Election Day.
7) Official Drop Sites are listed on the Josephine County Website: http://www.co.josephine.or.us/Page.asp?NavID=752. The ballot drop site located at the Cave Junction City Hall will not be open for this election.
Please contact the Josephine County Clerk’s Office with any questions at (541) 474-5243.