Arena Events Schedule & Rules
**** ARENA CLOSED FOR OPEN RIDING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.****
Scheduled Hours & Events:
Normal, Non-Horse Racing and Fair, Public Use Weekend Hours are: Saturdays & Sundays 8:00 am - 9:00 pm.
Sheriff's Posse members who monitor the arena are volunteers. We are grateful for their assistance and remind everyone to remain courteous. Please follow their guidelines as they are acting on behalf of the Fairgrounds.
Suggestions and comments are to be made to the Fairgrounds' office and the Manager during business hours. Thank you.
Sherrif's Posse: Every Wednesday evening (indoor arena).
Equestrian Teams: Mon,Tues & Thurs from 3-9pm (indoor arena).
Dear Customer, during the winter months, the horse arena will be open when Fairgrounds is open (see above and website calendar for schedule). Please call with questions and thank you for your understanding.
Indoor/Out Arena Rules:
** ALL RIDERS UNDER 18 ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A HELMET WHEN RIDING IN THE ARENAS **
1. This is not a tax-funded facility - all persons using the indoor arena are required to sign the release on the fee envelope and pay $5.00 per person prior to using the facilities. (Place envelope in fee box located at west gate entry)
2. Arena is open for public use unless scheduled. Call fair office @ 476-3215, or look online for schedule. Use common sense and courtesy to others.
3. This arena is for pleasure riding only unless rented for exclusive use. No professional lessons permitted unless rented for that purpose.
4. Lunging of horses is not allowed in the indoor arena. All lunging must be done in the area between barn 'E' and 'F' barn in the barn area and outdoor arena. See posted outdoor arena rules.
5. All events in the indoor arena must be scheduled through the fairgrounds business office, such as barrel racing, penning, roping and riding lessons. There will be no barrel racing, penning, roping or riding lessons in the indoor arena without scheduling exclusive use.
6. There will be no racing or playing games in the indoor arena.
7. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when using the indoor arena.
8. Reasonable control of your animal must be exhibited at all times. No horses are to be turned loose, left unattended, put in pens or tied to rails.
9. Any unruly behavior, disorderly conduct or use of threatening or harassing language to patrons or personnel shall be grounds for expulsion. All rules will be strictly enforced by Fairgrounds Staff and/or Fair Board Members.
10. We ask that this arena be self-policed and that all persons using the arena respect the other person.
NO dogs allowed - Absolutely NO smoking - PICK UP after your horse (manure and trailer debris) in the parking lot before leaving.
Outdoor Arena Rules:
1. This is not a tax-funded facility - all people using the outdoor arena are required to sign the release on the fee envelope and pay $5.00 per person prior to using the facilities. (Place envelope in fee box located at west gate entry)
2. Arena is for public use Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. unless otherwise scheduled. (Saturday and Sunday if available)
call fair office @ 476-3215 for schedule.
3. When the indoor arena is open to the public the primary purpose of the outdoor arena is for ground work/lunging - 10 minutes maximum if someone is waiting.
4. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when using the outdoor arena.
5. When the indoor arena is not available, riders may be accommodated in this arena if it is not scheduled. During those times only one horse at a time may be lunged. Please work together cooperatively!
6. Communicate with one another, use common sense and be courteous!
Times subject to change without notice, if any questions please call the Fairgrounds office. 541-476-3215
After hours please contact 541-761-2740.