Report a Non-Emergency Incident
Non-emergency incidents are situations in which a crime is not currently in progress and is not life threatening or requiring medical attention.
If you have an emergency, call 911. If you need to report a non-emergency, you can visit our Merlin or Cave Junction sub-stations during their available hours. Non-emergent crimes can also be reported online by using the Sheriff's Office Citizen Service Portal. If a crime occurred, you will receive a case number for insurance and documentation purposes. If you do not have access to a computer or transportation to one of the sub-stations, you can call 541-474-5123 option #3 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.
100 Acorn St., Merlin, OR 97532
Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Cave Junction Sub-station:
222 Lister St., Cave Junction, OR 97523
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.; Friday, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Information to provide when making a report:
- Address where the incident occurred
- Date and time it is believed to have occurred
- Your name, date of birth, phone number and home address
- Brief description of what happened
Example of non-emergency report types:
- Burglaries, thefts and stolen vehicles (not in progress)
- Vandalism (not in progress)
- Telephonic harassment
- Fraud/identity theft
- Suspicious incidents, vehicles and people
- Abandoned vehicles
- Traffic complaints
- Lost/found property
- Assaults (not in progress)
- Restraining order/stalking order violations (not in progress)
- Noise complaints
Incidents that are non-emergent, but are not reported to the Records Division:
- Custody Disputes: Contact Family Courts at 541-476-2309
- Evictions and Landlord/Tenant issues: Contact an attorney or the Oregon Law Center at 541-476-1058
- Information on drug activity/drug related issues: Contact RADE (Rogue Area Drug Enforcement) at 541-955-6970
- Internet, phone and mail scams: Contact the Oregon Attorney General at 877-877-9392