Josephine County Response and Service Restrictions
The Board of Josephine County Commissioners voted Dec. 7, 2020, to close all county offices to walk-in visitors until further notice.
See below for a complete list of affected county departments, along with phone numbers and other relevant contact information.
- Airports: Appointments made and conducted via telephone, teleconference and email. All essential airport services will continue to be available to the flying public, emergency responders, medevac and government aircraft. Aircraft fuel is available 24/7 and all other aircraft services will remain available on a limited basis by Pacific Aviation NW.
- Animal Shelter: Shelter staff are taking in found dogs who are running at large, animals from Animal Care Officers and some other animal intakes on a very limited basis. All require appointments. We are still handling lost and found animal reports and dog licensing as available by phone. All animals in the shelter are still receiving daily care as usual.
- Assessor: Go to the large window at the bottom of the main staircase. They will assist you there. Please use the physical-distancing markings.
- Board of County Commissioners: Walk up to the glass window and someone will help you.
- Clerk: The Josephine County Clerk's office is open by appointment only. When visiting the office for a scheduled appointment time, please follow mask requirements and social distancing guidelines currently in place by the OHA and Oregon OSHA. In a continued effort to prevent, slow and stop the spread of COVID-19 to citizens, the office is encouraging customers to access services by phone, email and online when available. Those who are not sure how to access services online can call the office at (541) 474-5240 or (541) 474-5243. Please keep in mind that response time may vary depending on staffing.
- Ph: (541) 474-5243 or (541) 474-5240
- Community Corrections: Field Services; Administrative Services; Treatment Services; Custody Alternatives Programs and Services
- Community Development: Will continue Land Use Development permits, Building Safety Plan Review, permitting and Inspections; will continue to address Code Violations
- District Attorney: Walk up to the glass window and someone will help you.
- Fairgrounds: Regular business services are still being offered, but the office is closed to the public unless by appointment. Walk ups may knock on the front door or call the main phone to receive service.
- Finance: Knock on the door and someone will assist you.
- Forestry: Will provide all service typically rendered. This will be done through email and phone communication and visits to the woods in county vehicles. The only service staff will not provide is firewood permits until they return to work.
- Human Resources: Knock on the door and someone will assist you.
- Juvenile Justice: Detention and residential youth services; limited probation supervision; counseling; family meetings; limited court services; community partner coordination/meetings.
- Law Library: Enter through the main door; COVID-19 precautions are required.
- Legal: Please call for assistance.
- Legal: (541) 474-5226
- Real Property: (541) 474-5220
- Parks: Josephine County Parks is providing access to all parks for day use (physical distancing required). Day use restrooms are open — please bring your own hand sanitizer. Camping is open for RVs only at this time; campground restroom/shower buildings are closed (tent camping is temporarily closed, but expected to open in February). All customer inquiries will be completed via phone or email, including future reservations for camping, shelters and events, general questions and cemetery needs.
- Public Health: Remote clinic consults, including birth control and STI treatment; Communicable Disease (food borne illness, STI, etc.) Investigation; Death Certificates; Solid Waste will be doing drive-by inspections and taking complaints
- Public Health WIC: All usual services will be provided over the phone
- Public Works: All normal public-facing services will be available by phone or email. Timelines for land development/permits may be a bit slower.
- Sheriff: Civil processes; Paperwork can be dropped off in the mailbox at the front door; Cash or Money Order payment only; Please fill out the informational sheet provided at the door for service;
- Surveyor: Knock on the door or call and someone will assist you.
- Transit: All normal operations – fixed route, commuter routes and demand response (dial-a-ride for those that are enrolled and approved
- Treasurer: Enter through the glass doors. Please use the physical-distancing marking.
- Veterans: Knock on the door or call and someone will assist you.