COVID-19 Small Business Assistance Grant
Josephine County, in conjunction with the Illinois Valley Community Development Organization and Rogue Community College's Small Business Development Center, has created a Small Business Assistance Grant program to help entrepreneurs affected by COVID-19. Applicants for the Josephine County Small Business Assistance Grant will be eligible for up to $1,500.
Qualified applicants must:
- Be a resident of Josephine County
- Have a business based in Josephine County that experienced significant negative impacts from the COVID-19 crisis
- Have operated said business prior to the March 23, 2020, State Executive Order and intend to continue or resume operation during 2020 when reopening is allowed
- Employ 10 or fewer employees as of January 2020
- Do not expect to receive nor have received any federal, state or local COVID-19 business loans or grants
- Unemployment benefits and IRS $1,200 payments are excluded
- Need this assistance to pay business-related expenses necessary to sustain the business
- Be willing to work with the RCC SBDC and IVCanDO to process the application
- Certify that all responses to application questions are truthful and accurate
If you cannot answer "yes" to all of the above criteria, you will not qualify for this grant program.
- Download the application
- Complete the application
- Save the application to your computer
- Scan copies of your bills and receipts (or take pictures) to include with the application
- Send the completed application, along with all other necessary documentation, to email@example.com
Please click here for a more detailed set of instructions.
Physical copies of the application will also be available at the Board of Josephine County Commissioners window in the Josephine County Courthouse, 500 NW 6th St. in Grants Pass. You can also submit a completed physical paper copy of an application to the same window if needed.
Digital copies of the following documents will be required if used to demonstrate need:
- Business rent or lease payment or bill
- Business mortgage payment
- Phone / Internet bill
- Electric / utility bills
- Equipment payments
- Repairs or maintenance invoices
- Licenses or fees
- Inventory expense / purchase invoice
- Insurance payment
- Other monthly bill or invoice
- If you are a home based business you can only claim the percentage of your home rent, utilities, mortgage, etc. that you itemize on your business tax return as a deductible business expense.
- Capital and payroll related expenditures are not qualified business expenses for this grant.
- The covered expense period is for a two month period (March-April, or April-May)
- Only “for profit” businesses are eligible for this grant
Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis. Businesses will be notified of their status in the program and, if approved, will be provided options for disbursement.
Please contact the Rogue Community College Small Business Development Center at (541) 956-7494 with questions. You will be required to leave a voicemail message.
The above document(s) are Adobe® Acrobat® PDF files and may be viewed using the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™. Most newer web browsers already contain the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ plug-in. However, if you need it, click on the "Get Acrobat® Reader™" icon to download it now.