To promote a safe and healthy environment for our community and its animals.
· Maintain a clean and disease free environment for sheltered animals.
· Enforce Animal Regulation and Protection State laws, Local Ordinances and Mandates.
· Respond to all animal bites that could transmit rabies.
· Provide a rehabilitation shelter and adoption program for sheltered animals.
· Provide inoculations for adoptable animals.
· Prioritize all Mandated Services to ensure the availability of adequate resources for response to:
Ø Dog bites and rabies control.
Ø Humane complaints.
Ø Livestock chased, injured or killed by dogs.
Ø Dog nuisance trespassing.
Ø Dog nuisance barking.
Ø Maintain an effective licensing program.
· Develop a rehabilitation program which includes a responsive shelter.
· Create a sense of community ownership.
VOLUNTEERS ARE DESPERATELY NEEDED TO HELP PLAY AND WALK WITH THE ANIMALS!!! PLEASE CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION. 541-474-5458.
To review animal control laws in the State of Oregon, click on the attached link:
Adopt, Love &
License Your Dog
It could save
*A license says that your dog is a pet
*A license insures a five day stay at the shelter
if your dog is lost and brought to the shelter
Your pet license
fees pay for these animal services:
*Reunite pets with their owners
* Investigate complaints about animal abuse
* Investigate complaints & bite incidents
How Do I License My Dog?
IT’S EASY! Bring proof of current rabies vaccination to the Public Health Department at 715 NW Dimmick Street or the Animal Shelter at 1420 Brookside in Merlin to license your dog today!
Altered Dogs $20
Unaltered Dogs $40
Hours of Operation: Tues. - Sat. 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Did you know that the potential fine for an unlicensed dog is $260? (EEK!)
License your loved ones TODAY!!!
Facebook for Josephine County Animal Shelter
Facebook for Lost and Found Animals
Facebook page for Shelter Friends
OREGON AIDS/STD Hotline
Oregon Health Authority's Maternal Mental Health
View All Links...