The staff in our Administration Workgroup are probably the first people you will meet when you contact the Department of Public Works. It is their job to assure that the needs of Josephine County’s citizens are addressed in a helpful and efficient manner. They are here to assist you with your questions, complaints and permitting needs, to help schedule meetings and send out notifications to the public. If they can’t help they will efficiently direct you to the people who can. Whether you call on the phone, write us a letter or e-mail, or walk in the door, our Administrative Workgroup is there to help you.
Additionally, this workgroup provides internal support for employees. A list of responsibilities includes:
- The Administration, Planning and Directing of all functions of the Department
- Acting as Liaisons to the Board of County Commissioners and the Citizens of Josephine County
- Providing Program Evaluation and Annual Budget Preparation
- Developing Policies and Maintains Programs
- Providing Public Information as well as Maintaining Effective Public and Media Relations
- Implementing Federal and State Rules and Guidelines for Personnel Administration and Employee Education and Training
- Supporting County-wide Risk Management and Internal OR OSHA Safety Programs
- Administering the County-Wide Drug and Alcohol Random Testing Program for Commercial Driver’s License Holders in accordance with Federal Regulations
- Supporting the Computer Network, Communications, and Telecommunications and Training Needs for Public Works and Acting as Liaison to the County’s Information Technology Department
- Assuring that Federal, State, and Local Laws, Rules, and Regulations are met
- Providing Administrative Support to all functions within the Department.