Whitehorse Park was originally the land of "The Rogue Rovers" back in the 1950's. A small group of travelers had constructed a handful of trailer parking pads with water, sewer, and electric hook ups for their trailers when they were at home and not traveling around the country side. The group eventually disbanded and decided to sell their property. Josephine County purchased the land in 1958 and further developed it as a public campground. For several years Whitehorse Park had the distinction of being the only public park between San Francisco and Portland with full hookups for trailers.
60 years later the Parks Department is actively working on a plan to remodel the upper camping portion of the park, closest to the roadway and furthest from the Rogue River, and to convert underutilized tent sites into full hook up sites and accommodate modern recreational vehicles. This remodel will address many safety concerns and replace aged infrastructure to ensure safety for park users. The restroom and shower building will be fully accessible (ADA), and the campsites and trails will be built to accessible standards (ABA) to ensure access for all.
Josephine County Parks is committed to serving the people in our community and ensuring a more accessible area for all to enjoy.
|Upper Camping Loop Layout||Restroom/Shower Layout|
|Map Showing Area to be Remodeled||Restroom/Shower Floor Plan|
Josephine County Parks continually has Full Hook Up Sites fully reserved on many dates throughout peak season, whereas many tent sites remain unused. Whitehorse Park will convert twenty-four (24) underused tent sites into twenty (20) RV sites and ten (10) tent sites, with all new infrastructure and utilities. Construction is expected to begin in Fall of 2021 and be finished by Spring of 2022.