Current Status of Josephine County Parks
Current Information for all Josephine County Parks:
All campgrounds are open to RV, tent, group tent, and yurt camping.
- Type of Sites: Partial and Full Hook-Up Sites, Tent Sites, Group Tent Sites, and Yurts
- Locations: Almeda, Griffin, Indian Mary, Lake Selmac, Schroeder, Whitehorse, and Wolf Creek.
What you need to know if you will visit a Josephine County Park
- Day Use Areas in all parks, including trails, boat ramps and toilets.
- All restroom and shower facilities. (Showers have been reopened as of March 12th, 2021)
- You must follow physical distancing of 6’ from other persons at all times
- Bring your own hand sanitizer and water bottle
- Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms; stay home and self-isolate
- The day use fee of $5 still applies, as we do not receive support from the Josephine County General Fund
***Effective as of July 7, 2021 for Almeda Park ONLY***
Almeda Park no longer has access to potable water and is dry camping only at this time. Due to the shortage of water the Park is also on an immediate fire ban as there is no water access for fire suppression. Please be aware of the changes and reminders below:
If you have any further questions regarding the fire ban or status of Josephine County Parks, please contact the Parks office at (541) 474-5285.
Staff can be reached by phone or email. The main parks office is closed to the public; however, staff are working normal business hours.
- No fires are allowed in any Almeda campsite.
- No charcoal grills or warming fires allowed in campsites or day use areas – Propane grills with an on/off switch are still allowed.
- No water access for any of these activities:
- Filling water jugs (Not Allowed)
- Filling RV’s (Never Allowed)
- Drinking water (Not Allowed)
- There is zero access to water at this location, this includes no water for hand washing or washing dishes.
- Phone: (541) 474-5285
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.josephinecountyparks.com
Updated: July 7, 2021 and valid until further notice.