The Oregon Health Authority recommends COVID-19 viral testing for all people with new symptoms consistent with COVID-19, regardless of severity. The OHA and Josephine County Public Health recommend that all people with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 call their primary care provider before their visit to discuss their illness and testing availability.
Tests for COVID-19 have significant limitations. Testing is most useful in patients with COVID-19 symptoms. Testing of people without symptoms is most useful in COVID-19 case, cluster and outbreak investigations. Antibody testing is not recommended. People should call their primary care provider to discuss necessity and testing availability.
Several primary care provider offices in Josephine County also offer COVID-19 testing for established patients ranging from Antigen to PCR platforms with results ranging from same-day to a few days. Patients should check with their primary care provider.
Josephine County Community Testing
Josephine County Public Health
COVID-19 testing is now available at the Josephine County Public Health Department. Call (541) 474-5325.
715 NW Dimmick St.
Grants Pass, OR 97526
- Monday-Thursday (Except holidays): 8 a.m. to noon and 12:30-5:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to noon
Please call before coming to the office for testing. This will allow staff to email the paperwork so that residents can complete it before coming. If this cannot be done, paperwork will be provided on site.
Appointments are preferred to help ensure staff is available to take care of residents when they arrive. Those arriving without an appointment will be tested if staff is available to provide the test; if staff is not available, a separate appointment time will be offered.
Upon arrival, do not come into the building to help ensure the safety of other patients in the building. Call from a mobile phone to alert staff. Front-desk staff will help residnets complete paperwork that asks questions about their health. Then a nurse will meet residents outside to take care of them.
Two types of tests are available. A simple nasal swab is used for both tests, and results are available in about 15 minutes. Neither test tells which variant of COVID-19 a person has, if any. To determine the presence of a variant, a separate nasal swab is sent to the Oregon State Public Health Lab.
- Abbott Binax NOW Antigen Card
- This is best for people who have been having symptoms for 1-7 days or who were exposed to someone with COVID-19 3-7 days prior to the test.
- Abbott ID NOW PCR Machine
- This test can be used even if the individual tested does not have symptoms and does not have a known exposure to someone else with COVID-19.
Asante Three Rivers
- 1630 Ringuette St., Grants Pass, OR 97527
- Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m. to noon
- COVID-19 Hotline: (541) 789-2813, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Must have doctors order for testing
- Most primary care providers can place the order for testing to be completed at Asante
- Urgent Care Video Visits
Siskiyou GP Community Clinic
- Grants Pass
- 1701 NW Hawthorne Ave., Grants Pass, OR 97526
- (541) 472-4777
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Walk-in Clinic:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Cave Junction
- 25647 Redwood Highway, Cave Junction, OR 97523
- (541) 592-4111
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- COVID-19 Hotline: (541) 472-4700
- Virtual Visits
- Tests covered by insurance
- Cash Price:
- Virtual evaluation: $49
- Onsite PCR: $154
- PCR to private lab: $61.31
- Antigen: No charge
Valley Immediate Care GP
- 162 NE Beacon Drive, Space 103, Grants Pass, OR 97526
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- (541) 479-1090
- All COVID-19 related visits: No out-of-pocket expense
- CA Medicaid is not included: ~$132 out-of-pocket
- Oregon Health Plans not in region is not included: ~$132 out-of-pocket
- Scheduled testing only
Veterans Affairs Grants Pass Office
- 1877 Williams Highway, Grants Pass, OR 97527
- (541) 955-5551
- Primary Care: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Mental Health Care: Wednesday and Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Laboratory Services: Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m. to noon
Oregon Saludable: Juntos Podemos